Paneer Capsicum Curry (without Onions)
I am quite sad that my parents are returning back to Chennai. It was nice happy days with them and they too had fun with their's grand daughter. Since "Mala bakcham" has started , they avoid eating onions and garlic and is the due respect for the elders.Usually, in the night , I always make chaptatis and north indian side dish which always includes onions n garlic. So, for just today to avoid that, I tried making Paneer Capsicum Curry without Onions and Garlic. And you wont believe, it came out Delicious and Yummy.
Here is the recipe:
Paneer - 2 cups ( Cut in to small strips)
Capsicum - 2 ( Cut in to small strips)
Tomatoes - 6
Ginger - a piece grated
Turmeric powder- 1 spn
Chilli powder- 1.5 spn
Coriander powder- 1 spn
Jeera Powder - 2 spn
Garam Masala- 1 spn
Coriander leaves for Garnishing
1) In a kadai, fry paneer and keep it aside
2) In the same kadai, with oil , add jeera powder, Turmeric powder, Chilli powder, Coriander powder and Tomatoes ( Take 5 and grind it coarsely ) and add it to the kadai and put the extra one tomatoe chopped big. Let it boil for 5 minutes.
3) Then, add Capsicum and let it cook for about 10- 15 minutes, till the raw smell goes.
4) If it is thick , you may add to 1 cup and let it boil for another 5 minutes.
5) Add Paneer now and mix it and let it be on simmer for about 5 minutes.
Garnish with Coriander leaves.
Ta...Da. Its ready :)
You may try and let me know...