Beetroot Rice with Mint Raita

I am quite lazy with the blogging because of no-camera-with-me to take pictures. I started thinking about what Sandya's told me about blogging-without-pics and also by 4th sense cooking Beetroot rice, thought about trying at my home with a twist.

My daughter calls "purple Rice" and liked it so much.Even my husband got me a good praise for this. A best side dish - Mint Raita/Pudina Raita and Maravallikizhangu Appalam/Papad for my lunch.

Here is the ingredients and method to make one.

Beetroot Rice(Purple Rice):

Ingredients:

1 Cup Basmati Rice
1 Onion sliced
2 Beetroot grated
2 Green chillies
1 Ginger-garlic paste
1tsp Coriander powder
Pinch of Garam masala
Curry leaves and Coriander Leaves for garnishing.
Oil and salt.

Method:

1) Soak 1 cup of Basmati rice for about 20 minutes.
2) while doing so, in a rice cooker, Pour sliced onion and green chillies.ginger-garlic paste and fry for some time.
3) Add curry leaves, grates beetroot,coriander powder and fry for about 5 minutes.Later add basmati rice and salt. Just add a pinch of garam masala to it.
4) after 3 whistles ,switch off the coooker.

Garnish with coriander leaves

Mint Raita:

Ingredients:

1 cup Yogurt/Curd
1/4 cup of Corainder leaves
1/2 cup of Mint Leaves
1 tsp Jeera
1/4 Finely chopped onions
A pinch of Chat masala
salt
1/2 tsp Ghee

Method:

1) In a mixie, blend Coriander leaves and Mint leaves with little bit of curd.
2) In a bowl, Mix the blended leaves and curd with Chat Masala, Onions and salt.
3) In a kadai, temper with Jeera seeds.

A nice combo of Beetroot rice with Mint raita is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment