Have you tried some recipe and didn't come out successful? Well, if the answer is yes, then you must have tried once or twice and you could have left the recipe for good. But inspite of me trying this Dokla for 3-4 times, it came out successful on the 5th time.And yes, it was Delicious...
Since my parents have come here to stay with me, I just want to impress them with the recipe they don't know. So, I thought of trying Dokla. Yeah, I would say trying because, i really tried and came out beautiful.One of my dear friend, Shilpa gave this recipe to me. Hats of to her!
Here is the recipe:
350gms Gram flour (Besan)
1cup Curd (Stirred)
1tsp Green Chilies (paste)
1tsp Ginger (paste)
Salt to taste
1tsp Soda bi-carb / Eno fruit salt
(I use ENO fruit Salt , so use ENO instead of Soda.. use the plain one with no flavor- Shilpa).
1 Lemon juice
1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
Few Curry leaves
1tsp Mustard Seeds
Coriander leaves (chopped)
2-3 green chilies (vertically slit)
* In a bowl add gram flour (besan), Curd and water.
* Mix well and make a smooth batter. The batter should be of thick consistency.
* Add salt and set aside for 4 hours covered with a lid.
* Take the ginger and green chili paste and add to the batter. Also add turmeric powder and mix well.
* Keep the steamer or cooker ready on gas.
* Grease a baking dish (it should fit in the steamer or cooker).
* Now in small bowl take a eno fruit salt, 1tsp oil and lemon juice and mix well.
* Add this to the batter and mix well.
* Pour the batter into the greased pan and steam for 10-12 minutes or till done.
* Cool for sometime and cut into big cubes.
* Heat little oil in a small pan and add mustard seeds and curry leaves allow to splutter. Remove and pour it over dhoklas.
* Garnish the besan dhokla with coriander and slited green chilies.
Just try it and let it know how it came out:)
I will post the pictures soon. Since I was busy eating and giving to all, there was nothing to take picture:( Am sorry for the inconvenience