Mixer Dillema

I know I have complained before about not having a stand mixer. I don't make bread very often at all (maybe that's why I'm not very good at it) because I am too lazy to do it by hand. I also think about how much easier ice cream and frosting and cupcakes and cookies (the list goes on and on) would be with a mixer. When I made buttercream frosting, I was really wishing for a mixer after all of that time holding the hand mixer!!

So here's the dilemma, and I am looking for some feedback. I really am not planning on buying a mixer in the near future, but I have a friend coming into town that can get me a good deal on one if I choose to put down the cash. I just don't know what I want anymore.

Growing up - it was always about the Bosch. My mom has had hers for as long as I can remember. It even has a part that is broken and missing when it fell off the counter once, but it keeps on ticking. My sister has one, and I think that is even what my mother-in-law has. It is what I have always wanted. But then I start watching cooking shows, and reading blogs, and it seems like the KitchenAid is the mixer of choice right now - or maybe it is just the popular one because it seems to be more available than the Bosch. Or maybe it's better - I don't know. And then I see today that Cuisinart now has a stand mixer that seems really impressive. It has a timer and also a "gentle fold" function that seems really cool and cutting edge.

So, if I did have $400, $500, or more right now to put down on a mixer, I don't even know what I would buy. If I take advantage of my friend's deal, I can get a KitchenAid discounted, but is that what I really want??

So I am asking you - what do you have and what do you like/dislike about it? If you could trade it in, would you? Or are you loyal? If you don't have a mixer, is there one that you have your sights set on? I guess I just really need to know what I need to save up for.......

No comments:

Post a Comment