Its a wonderful combination of both the Lemon Rasam with Carrot Moong dal salad(or Kosambari) thats how we call it here...I know you might be thinking...What!!! But mind it..this will taste yummy and delicious ...Just try it :) Lemon rasam is the only rasam which doesn't involve, Puli/Tamarind juice. So, easy to make when guests arrive suddenly. And Carrot Moong dal is as much easy as the rasam. No Cooking involved except tempering. Moreover, this has got different colors and you really enjoy eating :)
As you have noticed, i have already had lemon rasam as my early post :Lemon Rasam which involves Moong dal. This time i have changed to traditional toor dal. Its also yummy and got a different taste to it.
Here is the recipe of Lemon Rasam:
Water - 3 cups
Green chillies - 2 (slit in to half)
Tomatoes- 2 (2 small or 1 big) Chopped finely
Asafoetida/Hing/Perungayam - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - a few
Turmeric - 1 tsp
Toor dal - 2 big tsps
Sea salt - 1tsp ( usually,instead of normal salt, sea salt/kallu uppu )
Mustard - 1 tsp
Pepper-Jeera powder - 1/2 sp
1) In a small vessel or pathiram, take water,turmeric,tomatoes,curry leaves, Perungayam,green chillies and salt. Let it boil for about 15 -20 mts.
2)WHile that time, cook toor dal in the cooker and mix with the rasam above and wait till you get the boil and switch off the gas immediately.
3) In a small kadai with ghee(ghee only), put the mustard and wait till it splutters, then add Pepper-Jeera powder and garnish with Coriander leaves.
Now, comes the Carrot Moong dal Salad Recipe(Kosambari):-
As I said before, there is nothing to cook, except the tempering.Here's what you need:-
Carrot - 4 long (grate it and keep it aside)
Moong dal - 1/2 cup (Let ti soak in water for about 1/2 hour and Drain the water after that)
Green chillies- 2
ginger - grated 1tsp
Lemon - 1
Mustard - 1spn
Urad dal - 1spn
Curry leaves and coriander leaves
1) In a vessel, keep the carrot and moong dal ready mixed with salt
2) In a kadai with ghee or Oil, add mustard and wait till it splutters and then add urad dal, green chillies, ginger.
3) Put those things in the vessel with carrot and moong dal and atlast add lime juice. When adding lime juice make sure it is off the stove. Garnish with curry leaves and coriander leaves.