How do you like your Bhindi?
Its sooper roasted, aromated Bhindi or Vendakai(in Tamizh) curry. Smells good...Its sure a favorite for my going-to-be- two year's daughter. Its on of my Mom-licious recipe and also my favorably too.
Normally, in North India, they make Bhindi/Vendaikai with Masala and South, its direct opposite. Mostly its without onions( as per my knowledge). I admire both and do them at home too. The best of all I like is the simple roasted Vendaikai. It sure goes with little-spicy Morkuzhambu/Kadi or even with sambar too.Here is the one with simple Mysore rasam.
Recipe of Bhindi:
Vendaikai/Bhindi- 1/2 kg
Chilli- 1/2 spn
Curd- 6 spn
Oil and salt
1) Just the night before, wash the bhindis/vendaikai and spread over a cloth.After 1/2 hour or so, you can chop it finely or the next day morning too. (whenever you get free time)
2) In a kadai with 2 tsp of oil, put the mustard and wait till it splutters.After that , put the Bhindi/Vendaikai.Let it fry for 5 minutes.
3) Put the 6 spn of Curd and mix it well and cook it for about 5 mintues. After that, it will automatically leave some oil and water to cook by itself. Maintain your flame in minimum.After 10 minutes or so, add turmeric, chillipowder and salt.(Dont add salt before hand which will make Bhindi soggy).Fry for about 10 minutes.
4) After a while, its necessary to add some more oil and make sure you are there to monitor it or just leave it in minimum flame.
5) Yes, by this time, your sooper roasted Bhindi/Vendaikai is ready to eat.
Garnish with curry leaves or if you like, you can put the curry leaves while doing the tempering.
Pic will follow soon...