I have already experimented with Rajma before but with just tomato paste available in US stores. Just like that day, I wanted to get white rajma and try it with that.My friends have told me, that white rajma still tastes better. So, here is the white rajma-no onions/garlic recipe for you. You might wonder what?without onions that too without Garlic? DOes it taste good? Yes it tasted very delicious. Here is the recipe.
White Rajma -1.5 cup
Tomatoes- 5 chopped finely
Ginger - 3 tsps ( you might need a lot, since Rajma contains gas)
Jeera- 1 tsp
Jeera powder/Coriander Powder/Turmeric POwder/Chilli powder- 1 tsp each
Garam masala - a pinch
Kasoori methi - a pinch
Oil n salt.
1) Soak rajma in the early morning with hot water. Take it out in the evening and pressure cook for about 10 whistles.
2) In a kadai with oil, put the jeera and all the powders,ginger except Garam masala and add the tomatoes.
3) Let it fry for about 5 -8 mts.
4) Once the pressure is released add the rajma to the kadai and put the salt.Put it back in the cooker and give it 3 whistles.
5) After the release of pressure, add garam masala and coriander leaves.
Ta--Da..its ready. This is simple yet delicious. People who doesnt like or add Onions/garlic but wanted to try Rajma, could give it a try. This is as equivalent to the adding of onions/garlic.