Mango Mela- Ripe Mangoes Morkuzhambu





Woweee Mango Mango...Mambzhamam Mambazham...Who doesn't like Mangoes, especially ripe Mangoes. That too on the Summer Season, on the hot day, just have it with Curd Rice. Aha...A simple but yummy combination.Throughout the pregnancy , I have been thinking of Ripe Mangoes/Mambazham...Which I was not able to get that much often due to shortage and high price. After the pregnancy, I was very much thinking of Ripe Mangoes, which Moms are not supposed to eat/drink due to feeding of the baby. Once I came to India, I was very mad in eating mambazham and still continuing the same...Hehehe..I am proud to say that I love Ripe Mangoes.

Mangoes are basically taken as Mango Lassi, Mango Milkshake or just like that. After I heard from my Mother in Law about the Mamabazham Morkuzhambu in kerala style, I started going mad to make it and have it. As soon as I transfered to Bangalore, I got 3 beautiful and gorgeous mangoes and asked her about the recipe.

Am going to share this recipe in Mango Mela conducted by my friend, Sri Valli's Cooking4allseasons. Hats off to her!



Here it goes:

Ingredients:

Ripe Mangoes - 3 Big or 5 small
Buttermilk - 3 cups
Coconut- 1/2 Moodi or 1/2 packet of grated coconut or even
Red Chillies- 1
Green Chillies- 4 ( you can add more if you want, anyhow, spiciness is not seen in your mouth due to the sweet taste of Mangoes)
Jeera - 1 tsp
Mustard - 1tsp
Curry leaves
Oil and salt

Method:

1) First of all, In a kadai or any vessel, take 3-4 mangoes , slit in to two pieces(just half slitted boil for about 15 minutes.
2) In a Mixie, take Coconut, Green chillies, jeera and grind it in to paste form.
3) In a kadai with oil, put the mustard and wait until it splutters,then add urad dal and Red Chillies and the grinded mixture. Boil it for about 10 minutes. Later, add the mangoes and let it boil for about 5 minutes.

Now you can switch off the gas and then pour about 2 cups of buttermilk atlast. Dont forget to switch off the flame , otherwise, the dish might turn very liquid.

Thats it..Ta Da...Mambazham Morkuzhambu is ready. It is best if you have with any pickle especially, with Avakai...:)Yum Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment