Dal Makani in Whole Masoor dal( Black color)
Dal Makani in Masoor dal? I know its very awkward right. But I should promise you it tastes the same like WHole Urad dal's Dal Makani. Other than , normal Onions, Tomatoes,Garam masala, I have added a new ingredient to it and the tastes had become so much better.The secret ingredients in Capsicum. The aroma of it gives better result and surely tastes 5 star Restaurant style. My husband really likes this taste than the usual Dal Makani in hotels.
Here is the simple recipe:
Whole Moong dal - 1 cup
Onions - 1 Big
Tomatoes - 3-4 chopped big
Capsicum - 1 Chopped big
Turmeric powder - 1 spn
Red Chilli powder - 1 spn
Coriander powder- 1 spn
Jeera Powder - 1 spn
Kasuri Methi -a tsp
Salt and oil
Garam Masala- 1 tsp
Ginger-Garlic paste- 1 tsp
Jeera- 1 tsp
Coriander leaves for Garnishing.
A day before doing this, was Thursday. Since I don't have onions and garlic on that day. I prepared, simple dal makani using tomatoes only. Next day, I make over with Onions and capsicum. Anyhow, I will give the whole recipe .
1) Soak Dal for about 15- 20 mts in water.Place it in the cooker for about 6 whistles.
2) While doing that, you can cut onions, tomatoes, Capsicum ready and also Ginger-Garlic paste.
3) In a kadai with oil, put the mustard and wait till it splutters. Then add Onions and Capsicum and fry for about 10- 15 mts.
4) As soon as this done, Add all the powders ( turmeric, Chilli , Coriander and Cumin Powder) and fry for about 2 mts.
5) Immediately add tomatoes , and fry for about 5- 8 mts.
6) If the cooker pressure is off,just remove the lid and add the gravy of Onions,TOmatoes and Capsicum in to it. Add salt, Kasuri Methi and Garam Masala and Close the lid.
7) Keep it for about 3 whistles and switch it off. Atlast Garnish with Coriander leaves.
For presentation, you can add Cream on top of it :)
Just try it and let me know.