Moong Dal Subzi
Its 5th dayof Navaratri, and me and family are enjoying first time golu. Daily Neiveidyams are done. Also, I should decide what side dish for chapati. Yes, I chose Green Moong dal, which can be used for sundal as well as subzi.
Moong dal Subzi
Green Moong Dal- 1 cup
Onion- 1 Chopped Finely
Tomato- 1 Big or 2 Small Chopped Finely
Ginger- 1 tsp
Turmeric- 1 tsp
Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
Coriander powder - tsp
Garam Masala - A pinch
Kasoori Methi- 1/2 tsp
Jeera Seeds- 1tsp
Oil and Salt.
1) Soak Green Moong Dal for 12 hours . Then, pressure cook it for about 3 Whistles.
2) In a Kadai, Put oil, Jeera,Onion and Ginger. Fry for about 5 minutes.Then add tomatoes and fry till the oil comes out. The onion-tomato mixture should be mushy.
3)Then pour cooked Moong Dal and put all the powders ( Turmeric, Coriander and Chilli Powder) and salt. Fry for about 8 minutes.
4) Pour little bit of water if you want it as gravy.
Garnish with coriander.
Green Moong dal - 1/4 cup
Mustard - 1 tsp
Urad Dal - 1/2 tsp
Green chillies - 1 slit
Salt and Asafoetida.
1) In a kadai with oil, PUt the mustard and wait till it splutters.
2) Add Urad dal,green chillies and curry leaves. Add cooked green Moong dal ,salt and asafoetida.
Green Moong Dal sundal is ready