Dual subji - Thakalikai kootu( Green tomato dal)

Lunch is a leftover for me rather than fresh food.I always cook fresh dinner like any other home, for my husband.Unfortunately, yesterday I didn't have leftover.So,having a fresh food other side, wanted to cook something fresh and nice.Since my husband eats only chapati, so I should think of a subji that goes with it and rice as well.I am rice fan so, I prepared Thakalikai kootu(Green tomato dal).

You see, it goes with both and as per I say, its Easy and simple too.

Green tomato dal/Thakalikai kootu:

Green tomatoes- 7-8
Moong dal - 3/4 cup
Grated coconut - 4 tsp
Green chillies - 3
Jeera- 1 tsp
Ginger- a small piece
Mustard - 1 spn
Ural dal -1spn
Long red chillies/Molagavathal- 1
Salt & amp; oil

Method:

1) Cook moong dal with turmeric in cooker for about 3 whistles.
2)Side-by-side in a kadai with water, boil all the tomatoes chopped in to big chunks with turmeric for about 8 mts.
( You can boil tomatoes in microwave for about 10 mts)
3)Also, in a blender ,just put Coconut,green chillies,jeera and ginger and blend it in to smooth consistency.
4) Now mix all three together and boil for about 5 mts.
5) In a small kadai with oil, pour little bit ghee or oil and put the mustard and wait till it splutters.Then add ,urad dal and Long red chillies.

Garnish with coriander and curry leaves.

P.S: If you want it much more simpler version of this, instead of grinding all those coconut,greenchillies and jeera, just add 1 spoon of sambar powder in to the dal and boil it.It tastes different but sure its yummy.

Unfortunately, the picture taken didn't come out well..:( Will add it after I make it again:)

No comments:

Post a Comment