Badam Alwa in 15 minutes(Microwave Dish)



Yeah, its sweet time again. For the past couple days, am suffering from sweet-a-holic.
Last saturday, we've been to Sam's club a wholesale store here.I was planning to buy only diapers but ended up buying more which included Almonds too.My husband is such a calorie adder. Whatever he eats or buys, looks in to the nutrient value and talk about it.( Yeah such a bore) But who cares about it.All I dreamt of making Badam Alwa once I saw that 4 lb package.


My husband has got a very good taste for everything.It has to perfect for him no matter what.But the quantity he takes will be less than anything.So I should make it less as well as tasty.He has got it from my Father-in-Law.He is also a sweet-a-holic person.His expertise is this Badam Alwa.So I learned it from him.Well, the beauty here is he makes this Badam alwa in Microwave and believe me or not , it just took 15 mts only.

I am re-posting this recipe for "Microwave Event"- Sweets 'n' Savourites by Brinda.

Ingredients:

Badam - 1 cup
Saffron - 2-3 strands(Keep strands in 1 tsp of Milk, will give the color)
Sugar - 1 cup
Milk (Necessary quantity)
Yellow color( If you like it you can add it.Just add less than a pinch to water)

Method:

1) Soak Badam in hot water for about an hour.Peel of the badam and grind it in the mixie with milk in a consistent of thick paste like.
2)Place it in the microwave for 2 minutes.Then, after 2 seconds ,stir it well.
3)Again place it back in the microwave for 3 minutes.adding saffron or Yellow color to it.(5 minutes over)
4)Again stir it well and place it for 3 and 2 minutes apart.
5) You may see it reducing after doing the last step. Again, keep it for 5 minutes and stir well.

Ta..da ready in 15 minutes. 1 cup of Badam will yield only 1/2- 3/4 cup atlast.

No comments:

Post a Comment