Snickerdoodle Muffins


I have been wanting to try these muffins that I found at Culinary Concoctions by Peabody since I saw them. Then they created a little bit of a stir when she had a reader write in asking for a refund for the money he spent on the ingredients because he didn't like them. First of all, that is completely absurd. Second of all, it made me want to make them that much more!!

I used to make muffins quite often on Sunday mornings back when I had roommates. They are easy to make, and easy for everyone to eat as they got ready for church. But now since there is just the two of us, muffins don't grace our table very often. I had some time this Sunday morning, and I had all of the ingredients, so I thought I would give these a try.

Let me warn you - the process of making these is quite different than any other muffin I have ever made. It makes a thick dough/batter that is then rolled in cinnamon/sugar. They took me a little longer than my regular muffins, and were a bit messy, but worth all of it!! Josh has completely fallen in love with these. I was planning on taking the left overs to work, but I know these won't go to waste here at our house. I didn't change a thing in the recipe. The only thing I would change next time is to half (or even quarter) the amount of cinnamon/sugar mixture. I have a lot left over, but I will gladly store it until the next time I make these - and believe me, there WILL be a next time!!

I won't list the recipe on my blog, but you can find it here. Thanks for the recipe Peabody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment